A new venture had three founding partners all sharing the same vision. However, in trying to deliver on that vision, it became rapidly apparent they had different views on how that vision should be executed. We had to figure out if and how they could best work as a cohesive team.
Conducting one-to-one and group sessions we:
- Mapped out their backgrounds, experiences and geographic exposure
- Profiled their styles of leadership and communication
- Explored their drivers and ambitions, as well as their personal values and principles
- Studied how they interacted and the shift in dynamics depending on who was present
- Translated their experiences into their outlooks, standards, capabilities and expectations
- Identified and aligned divergent perspectives and mindsets
- Facilitated debates on how they should conduct their business and ironed out arising conflicts
- Formulated agreed principles and modus operandi in delivering on their vision
- Identified appropriate board members with the right balance of experience, credibility and affinity
- Created institutional framework equipped to attract and safeguard 3rd party investor capital
inSight - Salty not Sweet
A board member of a multinational company operating in emerging markets needed to address a situation. They discovered an individual who had access to the company float was taking money out of the company but replacing it before the new accounting cycle. With strong...
As part of a team transformation process, we worked with a number of people of various backgrounds and ages. This case is about a millennial. Perceived as difficult to manage, interactions were causing friction and frustration. We set about to see if we could fix it....
A budding entrepreneur wanted to create an investment company focused on Africa with a triple-bottom line. We helped him define and shape the vision, as well as the values and behaviours he wanted to stand for and demonstrate. Wanting to ensure he could translate his...